Watercolor paintings are considered one of the most popular mediums of painting. Watercolor painters use colors which are mixed with water based solution. Water based paint colors help to give natural and detailed looks to color tones.
Common Characteristics of Watercolor Art
- Watercolor is the most loved medium of art for enthusiasts and artists for a long time. Watercolor is a material that can be used to express numerous imaginative perspectives and the most suitable medium for the pigment responds on paper to show personal emotional response to any subject. Four common characteristics of watercolor paintings are well known, one is transparent, Semi-transparent, opaque & Semi-opaque.These are significant to make the painter’s touches finer.
Basic Watercolor painting techniques
- Wet-on-wet method : The wet-on-wet method is the act of applying fresh paint onto a wet surface for painting landscapes, simple skies, or soft watercolor washes because the effect gives a nice exquisite look that can be applied in different ways.
- Wet-on-Dry method : Wet-on-dry is used to achieve more precise and defined shapes. This is the technique that most artists like, and, in general, most illustration-style watercolors are achieved using wet paint over a dry area.With wet on dry artists can produce shapes which have a uniform flat appearance, or a variegated color which changes in hue and intensity.This gives freedom to create unique visual textures, and enhance their watercolor painting
- Building up color : Artists use building up color technique on plain water to a saturated paint mix. They use only one color to realize different values, looking to make a seamless effect, popularly referred to as “ombré.”
- Layering Colors: Watercolor is a flimsy medium; so, artists have to develop shading continuously. This is another benefit to the medium, as they can do some shading blending directly on the paper. Take one shading and lay it down, permit to dry and afterward return with another shade. This gives incredible results for working up tissue tones.
- Masking Fluid: Masking fluid is a thin material that is typically latex based. It may be applied with a brush to shield areas in artwork from accepting washed applications. Since the white of the paper is so significant in a watercolor painting, masking fluid turns into a substantial device.
- Watercolor flower painting , watercolor landscape painting, watercolor scenery, watercolor sunset painting, watercolor bird painting, watercolor animal painting and watercolor paintings on canvas can be made incredibly beautiful using these techniques.
WaterColor Paintings - FAQs
How is watercolor painting different from other painting mediums?
- The watercolor paints are not the same as other paintings available today in the market, making it an incredibly extreme art to excel in. You may naturally admire oil painting for its glossy look. But watercolor painting has its own uniqueness as some of the details required for the subject can only be brought through watercolor painting. For example,When artists create art in watercolors, light reflects off the white of the paper and skips up through the hues, giving it a radiance that can be genuinely magical.
Copyright © 2018 IndianArtZone. All rights reserved.